FEMA established the National Responder Support Camp (RSC) initiative to support FEMA’s mission to improve its ability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards. RSCs are contractor-built and operated structures that are assembled (as requested) during emergencies and disasters to provide shelter, food, and other basic needs to emergency response personnel. FEMA published this Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) for the initiative because FEMA collects personally identifiable information (PII) from the emergency response personnel to provide secured access to the RSC.
The following SORNs cover the collection of identity verification and check in/registration information from the responders:
- DHS/ALL – 014 Department of Homeland Security Emergency Personnel Location Records SORN
- DHS/ALL – 024 Department of Homeland Security Facility and Perimeter Access Control and Visitor Management SORN
- DHS/ALL – 026 Department of Homeland Security Personal Identity Verification Management System SORN
The following SORNs cover the collection of medical information from the responders:
- HHS 09-90-0040 National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) Patient Treatment and Tracking SORN
- OPM/GOVT – 10 Employee Medical File System Records SORN