With hurricane season continuing through the end of November, the FEMA app is an important tool to help your family weather the storm, nationwide. Regardless of where you’re traveling this summer, the newly updated FEMA app can help you prepare for any weather condition.
The FEMA App is free and available for all smartphones, and offers the following features:
- Receive weather alerts from National Weather Service for up to five different locations across the U.S.
- Learn what to do before, during, and after emergencies with safety tips.
- Share disaster damage photos on a verified photo sharing platform
- Prepare ahead of time by building a customized emergency kit checklist and safety reminders
- Get directions to open shelters and recovery centers, and where to talk to FEMA in person.
- Apply for federal disaster assistance, if needed.
All the information on the app is also available in Spanish.
Learn more and download the FEMA App here.