In the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), we are building a culture of innovation through our Procurement Innovation Lab (PIL). Central to this culture is training, with the PIL’s interactive “Boot Camp” sessions being one of our signature learning activities for our acquisition workforce, other agencies, and industry. Due to the extremely positive feedback received following prior sessions with these groups, I am pleased to announce that we will host more PIL Boot Camps in the upcoming months. I encourage all interested individuals to attend!
During PIL Boot Camps, participants enjoy a full day of interactive training centered on nine successfully implemented innovation techniques that have helped DHS complete purchases more efficiently, effectively, and at a greater value.
DHS and other federal personnel can now register for these PIL Boot Camps via the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System (FAITAS). Our industry community should keep an eye out for a Special Notice on FBO.gov with registration details. We expect to post this information for industry no later than June 30, 2019.
Fiscal Year 2019 PIL Boot Camp Schedule:
- March 22, 2019 – DHS-wide PIL Boot Camp
- March 25, 2019 – DHS-wide PIL Boot Camp
- March 27, 2019 – DHS-wide PIL Boot Camp
- May 10, 2019 – Federal Government-wide PIL Boot Camp
- May 13, 2019 – Federal Government-wide PIL Boot Camp
- May 14, 2019 – Federal Government-wide PIL Boot Camp
- August 1, 2019 – Industry PIL Boot Camp
- August 2, 2019 – Industry PIL Boot Camp
To learn more about the PIL, including PIL Boot Camps, visit DHS.gov/PIL.