For Immediate Release
DHS Press Office
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Department of Homeland Security today announced the official launch of its redesigned website, www.dhs.gov. The website offers a simplified and unified approach to DHS.gov’s content, creating a more consistent look and feel throughout the site, and streamlining access to DHS services and information.
The new design incorporates user feedback and current web best practices to make the website more user friendly and employs a new content management system to improve functionality. The new DHS website provides valuable information, helps users find the information they need through better navigation and an improved content search function, and makes it easier for visitors to engage with DHS. Visitors can now:
- Visit the new Topics pages, each with their own Resource Directories to relevant information
- Use the How Do I? sections to find answers to commonly asked questions
- Learn how to Get Involved with agency activities for the public
- Go to the About DHS section o learn about DHS’ budget, leadership, organization, career options and history
- See the new multimedia page and photos of DHS at work in the News section
- Use the improved search engine to quickly find relevant search results
Last month, FEMA unveiled the new FEMA.gov, creating a user-friendly, more up-to-date, and easier to navigate website.
These launches are part of the Department’s public web strategy that introduces the use of a new common content management system and migrates the Department’s public websites onto a consolidated cloud hosting environment.
For more information, visit www.dhs.gov.