Tuesday, July 19, 2022
1 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) invites stakeholders to participate in a webinar highlighting the CIS Ombudsman’s 2022 Annual Report to Congress on Tuesday, July 19, 2022 from 1 to 2 p.m. EDT.
On June 30, the CIS Ombudsman submitted its 2022 Annual Report to Congress. Each year, our office conducts a substantive analysis of some of the most significant problems encountered by individuals and employers when seeking immigration benefits and makes recommendations for improving U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS’) administrative processes.
During this session, CIS Ombudsman staff will provide an overview of the 2022 Annual Report to Congress. The following topics are included in this year’s report:
- The avalanche impact of backlogs: 2021 in review
- The need for more flexibility in renewing employment authorization
- Increasing accessibility to legitimate travel: Advance parole
- Improving access to the expedite process
- Initiating a discussion on ways to address the affirmative asylum backlog
- Eliminating barriers to obtaining proof of employment authorization for asylum applicants in removal proceedings
- USCIS’ digital strategy: Nearing an inflection point
- U nonimmigrant status Bona Fide Determination process: Successes and challenges in taking on a backlog
This webinar will serve as an information sharing and gathering session. Participants may submit questions and comments during the engagement. For more information on our office, please visit www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn. We invite you to register for this webinar using the link below.
We look forward to hearing your questions and invite you to register for this engagement.