The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Field Operations (OFO) Planning, Program Analysis, and Evaluation (PPAE) uses wireless handheld CBP Biometric Exit Mobile (BE-Mobile) devices to capture biometric and biographic information in support of its border security mission. DHS is issuing this updated Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) to provide notice that CBP is operationalizing the BE-Mobile for permanent use during outbound law enforcement operations at authorized airports. In addition, CBP is expanding the use of the BE-Mobile device to biometric exit projects in the sea and land environments. July 2018
- DHS/US-VISIT-004 DHS Automated Biometric Identification System, (June 5, 2007) 72 FR 31080
- DHS/CBP-006 Automated Targeting System (ATS), (May 22, 2012) 77 FR 30297
- DHS/CBP-007 Border Crossing Information, (January 25, 2016) 81 FR 4040
- DHS/CBP-011 U.S. Customs and Border Protection TECS, (Dec. 19, 2008) 73 FR 77799
- DHS/CBP-021 Arrival and Departure Information System, (November 18, 2015) 80 FR 72081
The current Privacy Impact Assessment and all prior versions are listed below.