“We are a Department born out of September 11, 2001—a tragic day when our world changed forever. While our enemies and adversaries have continued to adapt in the years since, DHS stands ready to defend our citizens and our way of life against all threats. We are forward-looking. We are resilient. And we are united in pursuing a mission that is as clear as ever: to safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.”
- Secretary Nielsen
Over the last year, DHS has taken unprecedented action to protect the Homeland. Together we...
- Initiated historic efforts to secure our nation’s borders, stop illegal immigration, staunch the flow of illicit drugs, and hold individuals accountable for breaking our nation’s laws;
- Responded decisively to record-breaking natural disasters and helped Americans rebuild when they needed our help the most;
- Prevented the hacking of U.S. elections and guarded against foreign interference in our democracy;
- Hardened our digital defenses, organized ourselves for the interconnected era, and pushed for tougher consequences against cyber adversaries;
- Thwarted terrorist plotting and helped bring potentially dangerous individuals to justice;
- Launched new, sophisticated efforts to block terrorists and criminals from reaching the United States;
- Ramped up security measures to protect Americans against emerging threats—from weaponized drones to chemical and biological weapons;
- ...and much more.
|Department of Homeland Security Accomplishments||86.76 KB|