The Department of Homeland Security Office of Accessible Systems & Technology is committed to the development of the common testing approach for accessibility compliance and conformity, named Trusted Tester Version 5 (TTV5). TTV5 provides a code-inspection based test approach for determining web content conformance to the Section 508 standards.
- Promotes a common understanding of the 508 standards.
- Unifies the test process.
- Unifies the set of test tools.
- Unifies test results reporting.
- Test results can be shared for common applications (i.e. Shared Services, COTS, etc.)
- Supports IT governance by integrating Section 508 into the development and acquisition lifecycle.
- Promotes the successful adoption of the changes required to integrate the TTP within an agency.
- Improves ability for developers to reproduce test results which expedites remediation of nonconformance.