This manual is a revised and expanded version of FEMA 426. BIPS 06 provides an updated version of risk assessment techniques, a new concept on infrastructure resiliency, and identifies new protective measures and emerging technologies to protect the built environment. The objective of this manual is to reduce physical damage to structural and non-structural components of buildings and related infrastructure, and also to reduce resultant casualties during conventional bomb attacks, as well as attacks using chemical, geological, and radiological agents. This manual provides design guidance to the building science community of architects and engineers, to reduce physical damage caused by terrorist assaults to buildings, related infrastructure, and people.
- Chapter 1: Threats, Consequences, Vulnerability, and Risk: Page 1:1
- Chapter 2: Site Design for Security: Page 2:1
- Chapter 3: Protection of Buildings from Explosive Blasts: Page 3:1
- Chapter 4: Protection of Buildings Against Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Attacks: Page 4:1
- Chapter 5: Security System Design Guidance
BIPS 06 Publication - Reference Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks against Buildings, 2nd Edition (PDF, 510 pages - 42.6 MB)
If you would like a copy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.