The Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) invests in border security research and development for technologies; provides solutions to prevent illicit movement and illegal entry or exit of people, weapons, dangerous goods, and contraband; works closely with border and immigration officials to understand how technology can help support their missions and overcome challenges; and manages risks posed by people and goods in transit.
The following S&T programs focus on securing the nation’s borders on land, sea, and sky while deterring illegal trafficking of goods and people into the U.S.
- Air, Land, and Port of Entry (POE) Security
- Biometrics and Identity Management
- Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS)
- Forensics and Criminal Investigations
- Immigration Services
- Maritime Safety and Security
Visit S&T Impact: Borders and Ports of Entry to watch video and learn how the technologies and capabilities we deliver keep our borders and ports safe!