The DHS Science and Technology Directorate established the Test and Evaluation Division (TED) to carry out the authorities of the Director of Test and Evaluation as delegated by the Secretary of Homeland Security. TED acts as the principal advisor on test and evaluation to the Office of the Secretary and the Component Heads and is the primary liaison with outside parties regarding test and evaluation matters.
Improve acquisition and research and development outcomes through comprehensive test and evaluation throughout the program or project lifecycle.
- Policy Development: Establish test and evaluation policies, procedures, and guidance for the Department
- Workforce Development: Train the Department’s test and evaluation workforce
- Major Acquisition Engagement
- Ensure major acquisition programs plan and resource test and evaluation strategies that will support risk management and informed decision-making
- Provide independent oversight of major acquisition program test and evaluation activities
- Provide an independent assessment to the acquisition decision authority for major acquisition programs of the system’s operational effectiveness, operational suitability, and operational resilience to inform production and deployment decisions
- Research & Development Support: Provide testing, experimentation, and assessment expertise to research and development programs and projects