The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Office of University Programs (OUP) streamlines access to the expertise of the nation’s colleges and universities by providing innovative research, development and education to address pressing homeland security needs.
OUP Harnesses the Intellectual Power of America's Universities
- Centers of Excellence identify emerging trends and pursue groundbreaking research.
- Minority Serving Institutions Program provide opportunities that cultivate a diverse and talented workforce.
- Workforce Development Initiatives develop current and future homeland security talent.
Current Funding and Partnership Opportunities
OUP offers a variety of opportunities for engagement, including requests for information, calls for proposals and announcements of other funding and unfunded partnerships.
- HS-POWER - The Homeland Security Professional Opportunities for Student Workforce to Experience Research (HS-POWER) program aims to promote long-term relationships between students, researchers, DHS personnel, and research facilities to develop a diverse, educated, and skilled pool of STEM professionals. The program provides undergraduate and graduate students paid opportunities to participate in quality homeland security-related research experiences.
- SRT - The Summer Research Teams (SRT) Program places MSI teams made up of early-career faculty, undergraduate and graduate students for ten weeks to conduct full-time collaborative research at a DHS Center of Excellence.
- View other Funding and Partnership Opportunities from S&T.
Office of University Programs Bring Innovation to Operations
- Feature Article: Keeping Score—New Tool Helps Communities Plan for and Mitigate Disasters
- Technologically Speaking Podcast: Bring the Best You Have, Innovate and Push
- News Release: DHS S&T Awards $9M in Scientific Leadership Award Grants to Eight Minority Serving Institutions
- Blog: Congratulations to our First MBA Graduating Class!
- News Release: DHS S&T Announces $45M Funding Opportunity for New Center of Excellence for Homeland Security in the Arctic
- Blog: Big Promise from the Very Small
- Feature Article: Ensuring Next Generation 911 Interoperability
- News Release: DHS S&T Announces New Student Research Internship
- Feature Article: S&T Hackathon Addresses Emerging Threats to Critical Infrastructure
- News Release: DHS S&T Selects 2022 Summer Research Teams from Minority Serving Institutions
- News Release: DHS S&T Launches the 2022 HS Power Program
- News Release: DHS S&T Awards Funding to Minority Serving Institutions to Advance Summer Research Projects