Securing and protecting our nation’s cyber networks is a key priority for the Science and Technology Directorate (S&T).
S&T conducts and supports research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E), and the transition of advanced cybersecurity and information assurance technologies to secure the nation’s current and future cyber and critical infrastructures. These solutions include user identity and data privacy technologies, end-system security, law enforcement forensic capabilities, secure protocols, and software assurance.
S&T supports DHS components such as CISA, FBI, ICE, DoJ, FEMA, USCG and others with emerging technologies to enhance the resilience of our critical information infrastructure and the internet, including:
- Cyber Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Malware Analysis
- Software Assurance
DHS S&T works to strengthen the nation’s cybersecurity with the latest and best innovations by partnering with the private sector to include small businesses, international partners, law enforcement and other first responders, industry and academic groups to develop advanced critical infrastructure and cyber capabilities.
There are continuous efforts underway to develop new capabilities, including CyLab, a joint initiative between CISA and S&T to create an advanced analytics, multi-cloud environment that will facilitate secure strategic and critical cybersecurity problem solving as early as 2024.
Visit S&T Impact: Cybersecurity to watch video and learn more about how we improve cybersecurity capabilities through strategic research and development.
- News Release: DHS S&T Releases Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Strategic Plan
- News Release: DHS S&T Expands Pilot of Cybersecurity Tech for Emergency Communications Centers
- News Release: DHS Announces Two R&D Projects to Enhance Mobile Network Traffic Security
- News Release:DHS Announces Seven R&D Awards to Help Secure Nation's Mobile Network Infrastructure
- News Release: DHS Awards $2M to University of Illinois-Led Consortium to Create National Network of Cybersecurity Institutes
- Feature Article: 5G Introduces New Benefits, Cybersecurity Risks
- Feature Article: Protecting Device Software from Zero-Day Attacks with TrustMS
- Media Advisory: DHS S&T to Host Virtual Town Hall "Securing Your Digital Connection"
- News Release: DHS Awards $1M to California Small Business to Develop Cybersecurity Information Sharing Tool
- News Release: S&T and NSA Test Automated Security Vetting for Mobile Apps
- Snapshot: Enabling a Secure Mobile Ecosystem