Securing and protecting our nation’s cyber networks is a key priority for the Science and Technology Directorate (S&T).
S&T conducts and supports research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E), and the transition of advanced cybersecurity and information assurance technologies to secure the nation’s current and future cyber and critical infrastructures. These solutions include user identity and data privacy technologies, end-system security, law enforcement forensic capabilities, secure protocols, and software assurance.
S&T supports DHS components such as CISA, FBI, ICE, DoJ, FEMA, USCG and others with emerging technologies to enhance the resilience of our critical information infrastructure and the internet, including:
- Cyber Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Malware Analysis
- Software Assurance
DHS S&T works to strengthen the nation’s cybersecurity with the latest and best innovations by partnering with the private sector to include small businesses, international partners, law enforcement and other first responders, industry and academic groups to develop advanced critical infrastructure and cyber capabilities.
There are continuous efforts underway to develop new capabilities, including CyLab, a joint initiative between CISA and S&T to create an advanced analytics, multi-cloud environment that will facilitate secure strategic and critical cybersecurity problem solving as early as 2024.
Visit S&T Impact: Cybersecurity to watch video and learn more about how we improve cybersecurity capabilities through strategic research and development.
- Feature Article: Testing Environments Help S&T and CISA Secure Transportation Infrastructure
- Blog: Ensuring Our Workforce Is Cyber Ready
- Blog: Taking Ownership of Our Cybersecurity
- Blog: New Funding Opportunities Aim to Strengthen Cyber Infrastructure
- News Release: DHS and Israeli Partners Announce Collaboration on Cybersecurity
- Feature Article: S&T Report Peers into the Future of 5G & 6G
- Blog: Training a Resilient Workforce to Secure our Critical Infrastructure
- Feature Article: A Secure Environment to Create the Future of Cybersecurity Solutions
- News Release: DHS S&T Releases Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Strategic Plan
- News Release: DHS S&T Expands Pilot of Cybersecurity Tech for Emergency Communications Centers