The Science and Technology Directorate’s (S&T’s) Biometrics and Identity Management program develops and evaluates more effective biometric and identity technologies to optimize existing inspection and screening operations for people at ports of entry, transportation security checkpoints, secure facilities, and online systems. This program utilizes the full matrix of S&T services to pursue R&D and test and evaluation of proven and emerging biometric technologies to determine those best suited across DHS Component use cases.
Current R&D Activities
- News Release: DHS S&T Calls for Submissions to Biometric Tech Rally
- News Release: Airport Screening While Wearing Masks Test
- News Release: S&T Announces Third Biometric Technology Rally
- Feature Article: Identity Verification During the Age of COVID-19
- Snapshot: S&T Tests Face and Iris Recognition Systems during Biometric Technology Rally