Small businesses are integral partners in tackling some of the most pressing homeland security challenges. Their help makes it possible to quickly develop solutions that can improve safety, support first responders’ needs and protect the nation from evolving threats. With that in mind, I’m excited to announce the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) will be meeting directly with small businesses during the upcoming Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Road Tour.
SBIR Makes Solutions Possible
The SBIR program helps DHS and other federal agencies foster greater innovation for research and development programs. During the road tour, you have the opportunity to learn more about SBIR and how we use it to address technology needs while fostering growth of small innovative businesses. By spreading awareness about SBIR’s benefits, we help increase the likelihood of working together on the next big idea that could change homeland security!
Road Tour Date and Details
This year’s road tour has four rounds, each taking place in a different region of the country.
- Southern: April 16 – 20, 2018
- Eastern: June 18 – 22, 2018
- Pacific Northwest: July 17 – 19, 2018
- New England: August 20 – 24, 2018
The tour will stop in multiple cities during each round, so there are plenty of opportunities to meet with us in person. During each stop, participants can schedule a one-on-one meeting with SBIR program managers from up to three agencies. You’ll be able to discuss available funding opportunities, ask specific questions, and gain insight into the application process. If you’re a small business interested in working with us, I strongly encourage you to consider joining us at a city near you.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee – April 16, 2018
- Huntsville, Alabama – April 17, 2018
- Little Rock, Arkansas – April 18
- Jackson, Mississippi – April 19
- Baton rouge, Louisiana – April 20
- Rochester, New York – June 18, 2018
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – June 19, 2018
- Columbus, Ohio – June 20, 2018
- Huntington, West Virginia – June 21, 2018
- Durham, North Carolina – June 22, 2018
Pacific Northwest Cities:
- Portland, Oregon – July 17, 2018
- Seattle, Washington – July 18, 2018
- Anchorage, Alaska – July 19, 2018
New England Cities:
- Wilmington, Delaware – August 20, 2018
- New Haven, Connecticut – August 21, 2018
- Providence, Rhode Island – August 22, 2018
- Manchester, New Hampshire – August 23, 2018
- Portland, Maine – August 24, 2018
Follow S&T on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for the latest SBIR Road Tour updates.