DHS recognizes that first responders at the Federal, State and local level are on the front lines of providing support to their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. To assist first responders in conducting activities as safely and efficiently as possible, we are providing links to authoritative resources to help inform and guide your actions. DHS is also involved in a wide range of research and operational efforts in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional information can be found at www.dhs.gov/coronavirus.
- Links provide authoritative and curated resources for the First Responder community.
- The sources of information can serve as points of contact for additional information.
- DHS is also involved in other policy, research and operational activities in support of the Nation’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Resources for First Responders and Law Enforcement
- Central United States Earthquake Consortium
- Consolidated COVID-19 Law Enforcement News and Updates from the Office of State and Local Law Enforcement
- COVID-19: Considerations, Strategies, and Resources for Emergency Medical Services Crisis Standards of Care (PDF, 1MB, 27pgs.)
- COVID-19 Information and Resources for Emergency Responders
- COVID-19 Disinfection of Structural Firefighting PPE
- COVID-19 Resources for Fire and EMS
- DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency - Guidance for Critical Infrastructure Workers (PDF, 526KB, 11pgs.)
- Information for First Responders on Maintaining Operational Capabilities During a Pandemic (PDF, 3MB, 52pgs.)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police - Law Enforcement Resources on COVID-19
- International Association of Fire Chiefs - COVID-19 Resources for Fire and EMS Chiefs
- International Association of Fire Fighters - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- National Alliance for Public Safety GIS Foundation - Geospatial and Situational Awareness Resources
- National Association of State EMS Officials - Resources COVID-19
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resources
- NIH Study Validates Decontamination Methods For Re-Use of N95 Respirators
- NIOSH-Approved N95 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators
- NIOSH Guidance for Use of Respiratory Protection Equipment Certified under Standards of Other Countries or Jurisdictions During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic
- U.S. Department of Labor - OSHA COVID-19 Resource
- Recommended Guidelines for Selection, Care and Cleaning/Sanitization of Structural Fire Fighting Protective Clothing (PDF, 1pg, 25KB)