In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
The Office of National Laboratories (ONL) sustains and expands a coordinated network of DHS national laboratories and Department of Energy national laboratories and other federal centers to help deliver critical homeland capabilities. ONL coordinates and aligns with all Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) technical divisions to coordinate activities throughout the United States research and development community. ONL provides a coordinated, enduring core of productive science, technology and engineering laboratories, organizations and institutions, which can provide knowledge and technology to secure the nation.
The department has also established research and development centers that provide scientific research via university and private partnerships.
Department of Homeland Security Laboratories
- Chemical Security Analysis Center
- National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center
- National Urban Security Technology Laboratory
- Plum Island Animal Disease Center
- Transportation Security Laboratory
Future Department of Homeland Security Laboratory
Department of Energy National Laboratories
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Idaho National Laboratory
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Nevada National Security Site
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Savannah River National Laboratory
- Y–12 National Security Complex