Increasingly, to build a culture of emergency preparedness, government and industry must coordinate the development and integration of smart technologies. This is part of the mission of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T), and we want to connect with you at South by Southwest 2019 to help your hometown enhance security and resilience.
Our proposal, Mobilizing Cross-Sector Innovation to Save Lives, part of the Cities, Government, and Politics Track, will address how emerging technology solutions are helping communities keep pace, adapt and respond to fast-moving threat cycles and critical incidents. Before we can host the panel, however, we need your votes to get to SXSW!
- From Aug. 6 – 30, vote for DHS S&T in the SXSW PanelPicker and be part of the conversation on how DHS S&T is accelerating technology solutions to save lives during natural and man-made disasters.
Our interactive panel will provide a unique opportunity for you to engage with DHS S&T and learn how innovation and collaboration are building resilience capacity across rural and urban communities nationwide.
By sending us to SXSW, you can help DHS S&T build a culture of preparedness and identify where procurement and funding opportunities should be targeted. DHS S&T needs creative, bold and forward-thinking partners from industry, academia and government organizations to help generate and move solutions that can scale across-sectors nationwide.
- Vote today for DHS S&T in the SXSW PanelPicker, August 6 – 30.
- Our panel is Mobilizing Cross-Sector Innovation to Save Lives, within the Cities, Government, and Politics Track
Speakers will include:
- André Hentz, Deputy Under Secretary (Acting) for DHS S&T
- Rhonda Binda, Vice President, Venture Smarter and Director Regional Smart Cities
- Jeff Byard, Associate Administrator for Response and Recovery, FEMA