Today, President Biden signed into law the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. This infrastructure bill delivers historic investments in our Nation’s crumbling infrastructure and, in doing so, creates millions of jobs and provides much-needed relief to disadvantaged communities across our country.
I was honored to be present at the President’s signing ceremony today. Our Department of Homeland Security will receive significant funds to advance our work on behalf of the American people. The bipartisan bill delivers almost $8 billion to our Department, including:
- $430 million to CBP for the construction and modernization of our land ports of entry and equipment and fixtures for operations.
- $434 million to the Coast Guard for better housing for service members, safety and training facilities, family support and child development centers, and shore construction.\
- Almost $6.8 billion to FEMA, to be allocated as follows:
- $67 million for dam safety and assistance to states;
- $2.2 billion for federal assistance through grants and programming;
- $1 billion for disaster relief funding over the next five years; and
- $3.5 billion for the National Flood Insurance Program.
- $135 million to CISA for risk management operations, stakeholder engagement, and cyber response and recovery efforts over the next five years.
- $157.5 million to S&T for critical infrastructure security and resilience research and development.
In addition, GSA will receive more than $3 billion for critical investments in CBP’s Border Patrol stations and land ports of entry.
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will have a profound impact on our Department and our ability to execute our mission. The funds we receive will support and advance your incredible work to keep our homeland secure.