Through the Modeling and Simulation Technology Center (MS-TC), the most up to date modeling and simulation (M&S) know-how will be made available to S&T programs. A key focus of MS-TC will be to ensure that best practices in M&S are implemented across S&T programs.
Description and Approach
MS-E identifies, prioritizes, and executes initiatives in the M&S domain required by programs. MS-TC provides programs with domain-specific subject matter expertise (SME) pertaining to M&S tools, techniques, and trends and serves as a collaborative gateway to the wider M&S community. The MS-TC team draws its knowledge from industry, academia, and government M&S resources and maintains visibility of current and emerging capabilities in the field. MS-TC also maintains access to repositories of mission-based models and M&S tools. This repository allows for the categorization of models and simulation tools to ensure that organizational M&S knowledge is retained and easily accessible.
- Engage DHS PM’s in analyzing and establishing M&S requirements and supporting PM’s in the appropriate application of M&S within their programs.
- Coordinate with Technology Centers and other S&T organizations to meet program needs.
- Provide M&S SME through technical assistance and/or leveraging collaborative relationships (COTS/GOTS tools, external organization expertise, etc.) to achieve program missions.
- Support the development of M&S support plans and requirements forecasting.
- Provide core in-house execution capabilities through use of existing tools and resources; surge as needed to support programs and other Technology Centers.
- Maintain situational awareness of M&S trends and advancements; support industry/academia/government collaboration in the area of M&S as pertinent to DHS.
- Develop and sustain a DHS M&S repository enhancing situational awareness and collaboration.
- Establish an M&S Working Group “Community of Interest.”
Requirements and Risk Analysis
MS-TC provides requirements and risk analysis (RRA) support to S&T programs. By partnering with program managers, SME’s, and the user community, MS-TC ensures traceability of requirements through the program lifecycle and technical and programmatic risks are effectively managed.
To learn more about the MS-TC, contact MSTechnologyCenter@hq.dhs.gov.
View the MS-TC Fact Sheet!