Today’s world is more digital than ever, providing information at our finger tips and making communication and business transactions seamless. However, with this convenience comes cyber threats, risks and even crimes.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) and throughout the month, S&T’s Cyber Security Division (CSD) will be sharing helpful information designed to make you more #CyberAware and safe.
Just like locking our cars or homes and looking both ways before crossing the street we need to develop good cybersecurity habits to navigate the digital world. During NCSAM, S&T cyber experts will provide cybersecurity tips to help you safeguard your personal information and devices from a cyber-attack. There are also several events CSD will be hosting or speaking at. We encourage you to attend and engage with us.
Each Tuesday and Thursday during the month, CSD will post valuable cybersecurity tips on our social media platforms to help make your cyber protection stronger. Follow hashtag #CyberAware.
- October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Become Cyber Savvy... Quick Tips for Mobile
- Become Cyber Savvy...Protect Against Phishing Attacks
- Become Cyber Savvy...Smart Tips in an IoT World
- Cyber Tip: Become Cyber Savvy... Security Tips for Software Developers
- Cyber Tip: Become Cyber Savvy... Security Tips for Banking Safety Online
Facebook Tech Talk - Cybersecurity for Automobiles
Join DHS S&T October 24 from 12 to 12:30 p.m. EDT on our Facebook page for a Facebook Tech Talk focused on the growing issue of cybersecurity for automobiles. This tech talk is an excellent opportunity to gain insight on a key S&T Cyber Security Division program addressing critical cybersecurity and safety concerns that could impacts our lives. We hope to see you there!
- October 5—Transition to Practice Financial Sector Demo Day, New York City
- October 6—Cyber Security Volunteer Initiative Recognition Event, Washington, D.C.
- October 10-11—Association of the U.S. Army annual meeting, Washington, D.C.—CSD will provide two tech talks on October 10 at 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. and two tech demos in the S&T booth, 425 in Hall A.
- October 12—CyberMaryland 2017, Baltimore, Maryland—Division Director Douglas Maughan will participate in a panel discussion at 12 p.m. on cybersecurity challenges.
- October 17—CyberWeek Roundtable from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. on mobile security and internet of things, Washington, D.C.
- October 19—GCN dig IT Awards Tech Arcade, Washington, D.C.—The GCN dig IT Tech Arcade is an exhibit area open to event attendees during the Finalist & General Receptions that will feature hands-on demonstrations of government agencies' most innovative and leading-edge technologies. From 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. S&T's Cyber Security Division are exhibiting a mobile app vetting technology and Self-Shielding Dynamic Network Architecture technology. If you are at the awards events stop by to learn more.
- October 19—DHS Industry Day, Washington, D.C.—Division Director Douglas Maughan will speak at 2:30 p.m. on a cybersecurity panel
- October 23—Blockchain 360, New York City—Program Manager Anil John will speak at 1:30 p.m. on a government’s perspective of blockchain security and privacy
- October 26—Homeland Security Week, Washington, D.C.— Division Director Douglas Maughan will speak at 3:45 p.m. on the "Harnessing The Potential Of New And Emerging Technologies Into The Whole Of Homeland Security".
- October 31—Medical Device Innovation Safety & Security Consortium (MDISS) Fall Congress, Arlington, VA—Division Director Douglas Maughan will speak.
Connect with DHS S&T CSD
Go to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter now to follow DHS S&T on social media so you get all the information that will help you safeguard your connected technology during National Cyber Security Awareness Month.