Calling all innovators, dreamers, makers and doers: Are you ready to think differently about STEM’s role in making your community smarter and safer? We’d love to hear your ideas! If you’re heading to the USA Science and Engineering Festival, come visit the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) at booth #4406 in Hall C of the Washington, D.C. Convention Center. We’ll join several DHS agencies at this free to the public event, where you can see how STEM ideas get turned into reality.
S&T draws upon best practices from across public and private sectors to develop technologies that keep our communities safer. By attending the STEM Festival, we want to reach you - the future machine learning scientist, rocket engineer, app developer, robot designer and overall big thinker and doer!
Stop by booth #4406 in Hall C to learn how DHS is building the workforce of the future and collaborating with innovators on projects, pilots and experiments to make homeland security operators safer and more effective.
Be a part of the future and help DHS S&T mobilize innovation to secure our nation. We look forward to meeting with you and answering questions about the role of STEM in homeland security and potential career paths.
Come engage with some of DHS’s most innovative resources:
- U.S. Secret Service Presidential Limo
- U.S. Coast Guard Response Boat and Under Water Vehicle
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Mobile Command Unit
- Cyber security decryption challenges and cyber innovation center
- Stop the Bleed Campaign – Live demonstrations of how to use a tourniquet and wound packing to stop severe bleeding in the event of an emergency
- Federal Protective Service canine inspectors
- And more!
Experience the wonder of STEM with thousands of hands-on activities hosted by organizations, government agencies, non-profits, universities and school clubs!