Meet S&T at I/ITSEC 2023
November 26 – December 1
Orange County Convention Center
Visit the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) website for more information
Join S&T in Exhibit Booth #1728
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
2:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET
30 AM – 6:00 p.m. ET
9:30 AM – 3:00 p.m. ET
Hear from S&T Subject Matter Experts
Modeling and Simulation Technology Center
About: The Modeling and Simulation Technology Center (MS-TC) is responsible for delivering modeling and simulation expertise, service, and knowledge products to support S&T programs and DHS Components. MS-TC Team members engage collaboratively throughout the Directorate to deliver solutions and respond to urgent needs.
The Center hosts a Modeling and Simulation Community of Interest (COI) to provide a trusted environment that promotes awareness, cooperation, reuse and interoperability of modeling and simulation across DHS to improve capacity and provide cost savings. The DHS ModSim COI enhances collaboration throughout the Department by leveraging subject matter expertise and rapid prototyping of tools to model and simulate operations, threat forecasting, and incident response in operational missions and environment. It will also reduce the time, money and expertise spent developing “new” solutions that already exist within DHS. It serves as a forum for ModSim practitioners to discuss and provides members with the opportunity to:
- Engage with other DHS ModSim professionals;
- Identify ModSim capabilities and needs;
- Discover and adapt new ModSim technologies, techniques and processes from external agencies and organizations;
- Build relationships and establish ModSim best practices; and
- Connect with a larger ModSim Community. Email email@example.com to join our Community of Interest.
International Cooperative Programs Office
About: The International Cooperative Programs Office (ICPO) oversees S&T's international activities and is responsible for the development of partnerships with foreign governments and international organizations. ICPO manages relationships with 13 bilateral partners in Europe, North America, Middle East, the Indo-Pacific region, and with multilateral partners including the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the Five Research and Development (5RD) Council, the European Commission (EC), and the International Forum to Advance First Responder Innovation (IFAFRI).
ICPO oversees 100-plus international cooperative activities for S&T, DHS Components, and other government agencies. S&T leverages foreign research infrastructure and benefits from foreign partners’ technical expertise throughout project life-cycles, from requirements identification through project execution. DHS S&T’s international engagement strategy is aimed at both enhancing U.S. and partner capabilities and establishing enduring relationships to provide DHS S&T and the DHS Components with greater access to global research, development, test and evaluation. Engagement objectives emphasize foreign relationship management (i.e. right-sizing partnerships), developing high-quality cooperative activities, and sustaining global science and technology awareness.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) maintains robust relations with Singapore’s Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), a key strategic partner in the Indo-Pacific.
- In 2007, DHS signed an agreement with MHA on cooperation in science and technology for homeland/domestic security matters. Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate has led engagement with SG counterparts to facilitate information sharing, technical exchanges, demonstrations and trials in partnership with DHS components and Home Team Departments.
- In 2019, MHA centralized their S&T functions and established HTX (Home Team Science and Technology Agency).
- S&T Modeling and Simulations Technology Center works closely with HTX Human Factors & Simulation Centre of Expertise. Together they will study existing or develop new modeling and simulation capabilities using available training, modeling, and experiment data, to evaluate immersive environments and simulated training technologies to enhance training for first responders.
We value our close partnership with HTX and look forward to greater collaboration in FY24 with the establishment of a dedicated S&T presence in Singapore.