Meet with S&T in booth #161
Join us on Nov. 2 & 3 from 1:45-2:45 p.m. CT to learn about our innovation funding and collaboration opportunities.
Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) technology connects the virtual and real worlds to bring about exciting new possibilities. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is investing in ways to ensure the Department’s security needs are addressed. From November 2-3, S&T will attend IoT World in Austin, TX, to engage innovators, provide information on AI/ML security needs, and discuss opportunities for public-private partnerships.
Booth Location and Hours
S&T’s experts and staff will be in booth #161 on November 2 & 3 from 1:45-2:45 p.m. CT each day for a special presentation on our innovation funding and collaboration opportunities, including:
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
- Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (LRBAA)
- Homeland Security Startup Studio (HSSS)
- Silicon Valley Innovation Program (SVIP) & AI/ML Efforts
You’ll also hear from S&T SVIP performer, Lauretta AI, on their efforts to adapt commercially available behavior recognition systems, which use artificial intelligence (AI) technology, to anonymously monitor passengers, their personal items, and carry-on luggage for future enhancements to the Transportation Security Administration’s airport security screening process.
Have questions on what it’s like to work with government? This is a great opportunity to speak directly with staff who can provide insight on S&T’s ongoing and upcoming efforts to develop new capabilities that support DHS priorities. We will be available during the expo hours:
- November 2, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT
- November 3, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CT
S&T Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML)
DHS S&T strives to enable S&T to conduct Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) research, development, test, and evaluation activities to support DHS mission. The S&T AI/ML Strategic Plan presents three goals and defines S&T’s approach to effectively address the opportunities and challenges that AI/ML poses to the Department, the broader Homeland Security Enterprise, and the missions they serve. Learn more about our AI/ML goals:
- GOAL 1: Drive Next-Generation AI/ML Technologies for Cross-Cutting Homeland Security Capabilities
- GOAL 2: Facilitate Use of Proven AI/ML Capabilities in Homeland Security Missions
- GOAL 3: Build an Interdisciplinary AI/ML-Trained Workforce
Want to learn how you can get started to work with S&T? Our Partnership Guide is a great resource to navigate our partnership opportunities and research and development needs. This guide includes important information that will hope you get started, specifically:
- How S&T supports the full lifecycle of innovation for DHS, including engaging with innovators and other partners, developing and adapting solutions, and supporting the transfer and commercialization of capabilities to homeland security end users
- Five key mission-focused areas and detailed descriptions of priority RDT&E needs
- S&T’s partnership pathways, collaboration opportunities, and innovation funding programs to sponsor cutting-edge technology and capability development
- How you can connect with S&T given your organization type and interests
Follow S&T on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram for updates on when our #IoTWorld panel discussions will take place, and to stay informed about our IoT work!