SVIP is keeping pace with the innovation community to tackle the hardest problems faced by DHS and the Homeland Security Enterprise. SVIP expands DHS S&T’s reach to find new technologies that strengthen national security with the goal of reshaping how government, entrepreneurs and industry work together to find cutting-edge solutions. Based in California’s Silicon Valley, the program reaches out to innovation communities across the nation and around the world to harness the commercial R&D ecosystem for technologies with government applications and to co-invest in and accelerate technology transition-to-market. We offer U.S. and international start-ups up to $2M in non dilutive funding over 24 months to carry out prototype projects and possibly transition successful projects to production.
Watch the Video
SVIP utilizes the Innovation Other Transaction Solicitation (OTS) — SVIP OTS 70RSAT21R00000006 to engage with organizations that do not usually work with the government in order to carry out prototype projects and possibly transition successful projects to production. This engagement is intended to assist new companies so they have more opportunities to work with DHS through targeted non-dilutive funding and provide opportunities for operational testing and market access. Through SVIP, DHS intends to incentivize product developers to open the aperture of their development road maps to include homeland security solutions.
For more details on eligibility, please refer to SVIP's Innovation Other Transaction Solicitation (OTS) — SVIP OTS 70RSAT21R00000006
SVIP is accepting applications for the Privacy Preserving Digital Credential Wallets & Verifiers (Digital Wallets) topic which calls for solutions that catalyze, develop, enhance, and operationalize a set of privacy preserving building blocks that can support the needs of a privacy preserving digital credentialing ecosystem and ensure that solutions support and enable an ecosystem that is accessible, open, competitive, diverse, and vibrant. View the Topic Call on SAM.gov for submission requirements and how to apply. Applications are due September 15, 2023, by 12 noon PT.
The SVIP solicitation seeks technical capabilities needed to support DHS’s operational missions. Applications must focus on at least one of the following technical topic areas:
- Digital Wallet: DHS is seeking digital wallets that are useful across contexts and jurisdictions, can support the broad range of credentials possible with W3C VCDM/DID standards that include verified support for DHS issued credentials, and are portable, highly secure, privacy-preserving, standards-based, interoperable, and multi-functional.
- Mobile Verifier: DHS is seeking software-based Verifier implementations that can be deployed on mobile devices, including on iOS and Android based devices, that can support the broad range of credentials possible with W3C VCDM/DID standards to include verified support for DHS issued credentials.
This SVIP Call seeks privacy preserving technical capabilities that directly support and integrate with the three-party digital identity model (issuer, holder, verifier) that could serve the mission needs of DHS Operational Components and Offices including:
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- DHS Privacy Office (PRIV)
On August 18, 2023, SVIP will host the Digital Wallets Industry Day—a hybrid event with in-person discussion panels and Q&A, networking, and office hour opportunities in Birmingham, AL. Industry Day participants will hear from SVIP and DHS Operational Agencies about this funding opportunity, the operational use cases, the technical requirements for submissions, and how to apply. Register here.
Prior to applying to a specific call, please review SVIP’s Innovation Other Transaction Solicitation (OTS)—SVIP OTS 70RSAT21R00000006. The OTS describes the overall program framework and eligibility criteria. Individual calls describing specific technical areas and use cases will be issued under the Innovation OTS in the future.
Press Releases and Media Advisories
- DHS S&T Forms New Startup Cohort to Strengthen Software Supply Chain Visibility Tools - April 27, 2023
- DHS S&T SVIP Showcases Technology Designed to Solve National Security Needs - April 6, 2023
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to London Startup Developing Genuine Presence Assurance Technology for Remote Traveler Verification - March 28, 2023
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Australian Startup Developing Flood Analytics Tech - March 7, 2023
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Brooklyn Startup Developing Flood Analytics Tech - March 7, 2023
- S&T Announces Five Awards to Improve DHS Workforce Safety and Wellness - November 17, 2022
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Denver Startup Developing Wearables for Mental Health and Recovery - November 17, 2022
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Norcross, GA Startup Developing Wearables for Workplace Injury Mitigation - November 17, 2022
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Overland Park, KS, Startup Developing Detection Algorithms for Securing Soft Targets - November 10, 2022
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Arlington, MA, Startup Developing Anomaly Detection Systems for Securing Soft Targets - November 10, 2022
- DHS S&T SVIP Awards Funds to Volt Athletics for Physical Well-Being AI Software - August 23, 2022
- DHS S&T Seeks Solutions to Software Vulnerabilities - July 11, 2022
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Kansas City Startup Developing Wearable Tech, Mitigating Heat-Related Injuries - July 8, 2022
- DHS S&T Awards Funds to Sentinel Occupational Safety for Safety Monitoring Technology - July 8, 2022
- DHS S&T Releases Solicitation for Flood Data Collection & Analysis - March 24, 2022
- DHS S&T Seeks Solutions for Mitigating Threats to Soft Targets - March 16, 2022
- DHS S&T Releases Solicitation Aimed at Continuing to Improve Wellness of DHS Workforce - October 20, 2021
- DHS S&T to Host Inaugural Homeland Security Startup Studio Showcase - August 11, 2021
- S&T's Blockchain Program Focuses on Security, Privacy, Interoperability & Standards, July 9, 2019
- Silicon Valley Innovation Program Moves at the Speed of Success, June 26, 2018