FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
S&T Public Affairs, 202-254-2385
Washington D.C. – Topics for the new Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) 20.1 Pre-Solicitation have been released. The Pre-Solicitation contains 11 topic descriptions, nine from the DHS Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) and two from the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office.
“The pre-solicitation allows small businesses to learn about partnering with DHS S&T to develop new ideas and technologies that can benefit homeland security end users,” said William N. Bryan, DHS Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Under Secretary for Science and Technology. “As the landscape of DHS technology needs changes, we need to tap into the agility and innovation of small businesses to find solutions and invite them to connect with DHS topic managers.”
During the pre-solicitation period, which ends at 5 p.m. ET on December 17, potential offerors have the opportunity to ask technical questions regarding the topic areas. Technical questions should be directed to the Technical Point of Contact for each topic, listed in the 20.1 SBIR Topic Areas document. The pre-solicitation can be viewed at: https://sam.gov/opp/6ef571f3ad64472b946d12b31faf9808/view?keywords=DHS%20SBIR&sort=-relevance&index=opp&is_active=true&page=1.
The S&T topics are:
- Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG 9-1-1) Multimedia Content Analysis Engine Capability for the Emergency Communications Cyber Security Center (EC3) – (DHS201-001)
- Remote Sensor Data Protection and Anti-Spoofing – (DHS201-002)
- Digital Paging over Public Television (DHS201-003)
- Soft Targets and Crowded Places Security (DHS201-004)
- In-building Coverage Analysis System (ICAS) Using Existing First Responder’s Radio and Smartphone (DHS201-005)
- Handheld Advanced Detection/Imaging Technology System (DHS201-006)
- Enhanced Explosives and Illicit Drugs Detection by Targeted Interrogation of Surfaces (DHS201-007)
- Urban Canyon Detection Tracking and Identification of Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (DHS201-008)
- Machine Learning Module for Detection Technologies (DHS201-009)
The CWMD titles are:
- Innovative Technologies for Next Generation of Sample Collection Media (DHS201-010)
- Development and Evaluation of Nucleic Acid-Based Assays to Accelerate Biohazard Detection (DHS201-011)
The DHS SBIR Program is a competitive contract awards program to increase the participation of innovative and creative U.S. small businesses in federal research and development initiatives and to increase private sector commercialization of SBIR-funded solutions.
For more information about the DHS S&T SBIR Program, visit the program portal at https://sbir2.st.dhs.gov.