The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) First Responders Capability Program provides technical assistance and develops innovative solutions to the most pressing challenges faced by first responders, emergency managers, and incident commanders as they respond to hazardous situations. The program strengthens the abilities of our communities to protect the homeland and respond to disasters.
S&T is pleased to connect with the global first responders community on June 20-25, 2022, at Intershutz 2022 to exchange R&D updates and look for opportunities for collaboration. Our exhibit space will be located in Hall 16, Stand G04.
This year S&T is proud to introduce its latest R&D efforts for fire fighters, such as a dual-use system for real-time wildfire detection and air quality monitoring, which has been proven in field trials; the Wildland Firefighter Respirator; and an opportunity to learn about KeyScaler, a digital platform that provides total device, data and operational trust for IoT, as connected IoT devices play a significant role in the work of first responders.
S&T also will contribute to the USA Partner Day on June 23 with a panel presentation joining the U.S. Fire Administration, Oakland Fire Department, Philadelphia Fire Department and Virginia’s Center for Innovative Technology. The U.S. experts and officials will discuss:
- S&T’s current R&D efforts for First Responders
- U.S. First Responder Technology Needs—Project Responder 6
- State of the U.S. Fire Service—2 Years Into COVID-19
- Tradition Meets Technology: Use of Technology in Today’s Fire Service and;
- Diversity in Today’s Fire Service
In addition to our showcase, S&T staff will be available during office hours to talk with you about:
- The Role of Science and Technology in Public Safety
- Doing Business with DHS S&T
- International Collaboration Opportunities
- Public Private Partnerships
- How to Get Involved in International Forum to Advance First Responder Innovation
If you are interested in joining one of the conversations above, please email email@example.com.