In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is offering content here that is reflective of its mission to deliver effective and innovative insight, methods and solutions for the critical needs of the Homeland Security Enterprise.
DHS/S&T conducts basic and applied research, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation activities relevant to DHS. With technology and threats evolve rapidly in today’s ever-changing environment DHS/S&T strives to address current capability gaps while preparing for future challenges. You will find information here about DHS/S&T projects that directly support DHS components, as well as federal, state and local first responders.
II. Use of DHS/S&T Posted Content and Intellectual Property Rights.
- The content posted on this website is the result of policies implemented to ensure that DHS has or acquired rights to the DHS/S&T Posted Content. Accordingly, some information on this website may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. All copyright notices must be respected.
- Information on this website is provided solely for personal, educational and other non-commercial purposes.
- For any content you submit through this website, you provide the DHS, and those acting on its behalf, a paid-up, non-exclusive, irrevocable, world-wide license to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute to the public, publically perform, and publically display such content.
- The content posted here is provided as a public service. Every effort is made to provide complete and accurate information. However, with the volume of documents available, often uploaded with short deadlines, DHS/S&T does not guarantee the site will be error free. DHS/S&T will do its best ensure that any errors brought to attention will be corrected as soon as possible.
III. Linking Policy.
This website links to websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. DHS/S&T provides these links as a service to you, the users. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving the DHS/S&T website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s). Access to outside websites is provided with the following conditions:
- The Department of Homeland Security does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The Department of Homeland Security does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The Department of Homeland Security does not and cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The Department of Homeland Security is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The Department of Homeland Security does not guarantee that outside websites comply with the requirements of Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
- The Department of Homeland Security will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination and reserves the right to deny or remove any links for the following reasons:
- A linked website contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with Department of Homeland Security's mission or policies.
- At the Department of Homeland Security’s sole discretion.
IV. DHS Seal, Insignia, and Other Visual Identities.
By accessing this website, you do not gain authorization to use the official seal, insignia or other visual identities of the Department of Homeland Security, including DHS trademarks. Use of the DHS seal without proper authorization violates federal law (e.g., 18 U.S.C. §§ 506, 701, and 1017), and is against DHS’s policies governing usage of the seal. Any use of the DHS seal, insignia, or other visual identities, including DHS trademarks, requires the advance written approval of the Department of Homeland Security. More information about DHS visual identities can be found at the DHS Intellectual Property Policy webpage at www.dhs.gov/department-homeland-security-intellectual-property-policy.
V. Disclaimer of Endorsement.
DHS/S&T posting of its content on this website does not constitute or imply the endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Department of Homeland Security, or the United States Government of any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise.
VI. Disclaimer of Liability.
Access to this website is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any warranty that this website or use by others will conform to specifications, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from infringement, or any warranty that this website will be error free. In no event shall the United States Government or its contractors or subcontractors, or other authorized parties be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, arising out of, resulting from, or in any way connected with the use of this website or any provided content, whether or not based upon warranty, contract, tort, or otherwise, whether or not injury was sustained by persons or property or otherwise, and whether or not loss was sustained from, or arose out of the results of, or use of, this website.