The Department of the Homeland Security (DHS), through Customs and Border Protection (CBP) serving as the Executive Agent, has awarded a multiple award Department-wide Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) for Background Investigative Services against General Services Administration’s (GSA) Schedule 738- X: Human Resources and Equal Employment Opportunity Services, under Special Item Number (SIN) 595-27.
The Background Investigative Services BPAs provides for the procurement of non-personal services for the conduct of background investigations on DHS’s applicants, employees, and Contractors performing sensitive work, culminating in the delivery of Reports of Investigations (ROIs) for the following types of background investigations:
- Phased Periodic Reinvestigation (PPR);
- Background Investigation (BI);
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI);
- Single Scope Background Investigation - Periodic Reinvestigation (SSBI-PR);
- Periodic Reinvestigation (PRI);
- SDI - SSBI Update;
- SGI - Upgrade BI to SSBI;
- BGI - Upgrade Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) to BI;
- BDI - BI Update;
- Individual In-person Source Lead;
- Individual Telephonic Source Lead;
- Individual In-person Records Check;
- Individual Electronic Records Check;
- Individual Subject Interview; and
- Other Direct Cost (ODC)/Travel (Court Hearings/Appearances) - Not Separately Priced.
DHS uses the ROIs to determine an individual’s suitability for positions of trust and/or eligibility for a National Security Position and/or access to classified information. Services performed under these BPAs will be nationwide, including U.S. territories. Components wishing to utilize this department-wide contract vehicle must review and follow the instructions provided in the Background Investigative Services Ordering Guide.
Mandatory (with exceptions)
These BPAs offer the following benefits:
- Multiple vendor options for background investigative services, especially for high volume or fast turn-around requirements;
- Ongoing competition between qualified contractors; and
- Leverages DHS’s volume for better pricing.
Period of Performance (POP)
One 6-month base + 4 one-year options (1/15/2016 - 7/30/2020)
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s)
Number of Awardees
5 large businesses
Name: ADC LTD NM
BPA #: HSBP10-16-A-00003
Name: CSC Government Solutions LLC
BPA #: HSBP10-16-A-00004
Name: Keypoint Government Solutions, Inc.
BPA #: HSBP10-16-A-00005
Name: Omniplex World Services Corporation
BPA #: HSBP10-16-A-00006
Name: MSM Security Services LLC
BPA #: HSBP10-16-A-00007
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.