The DHS Science and Technology Directorate established the Cyber Security Division (CSD), within the Directorate's Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency (HSARPA), in fiscal year 2011 in response to the increasing importance of the cybersecurity mission.
CSD’s mission is to contribute to enhancing the security and resilience of the Nation’s critical information infrastructure and the Internet by (1) driving security improvements to address critical weaknesses, (2) discovering new solutions for emerging cybersecurity threats, and (3) delivering new, tested technologies to defend against cybersecurity threats.
The Cyber Security Division’s objectives are to:
- Develop and transition new technologies, tools, and techniques to protect and secure systems, networks, infrastructure, and users, improving the foundational elements of our nation’s critical infrastructure and the world’s information infrastructure; and,
- Provide coordination and research and development (R&D) leadership across federal, state, and municipal government; international partners; the private sector; and academia to improve cybersecurity research infrastructure.
Dr. Douglas Maughan is the Director of the S&T Directorate's Cyber Security Division.
CSD's work serves a wide range of customers by coordinating and cooperating with partners within the Department and at other federal agencies; state and municipal administrations and first responders; private sector companies in a wide range of industries; Internet security researchers around the world; and universities and national laboratories. CSD works to create partnerships between government and private industry, the venture capital community and the research community.
Email questions and comments to email@example.com
S&T's Cyber Security Division Overview Video
- CSD has several programs focused cybersecurity research and development that result in deployable security solutions.
- The Cyber Security Division sponsors several events throughout the year. Please check back here for more information.
- S&T's published documents and other Cyber Security references and links.
- News article links that are Cyber Security Division related.