Explore a virtual counterpart to the Science and Technology Directorate’s (S&T) real-world exhibit highlighting support for our nation’s first responders at the Smithsonian-affiliated National Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada.
S&T makes the jobs of our nation’s law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics, and others safer, easier, and more efficient with scientific know-how and technical expertise. See examples of capabilities that help protect and prepare responders so they can be ready for anything.
Gearing up to Save Lives
- Burn Saver Thermal Sensor*
- Wearable Smart Chemical Sensor
- Wildland Firefighter Respirator
- Photovoltaic Energy Harvesting Fabric
- Reverse Velocity Jet Tamper (ReVJeT)*
- Hoist Glove for Aerial Rescue*
- RedZone™ Smoke and Particulate Resistant Structural Turnout Ensemble*
- Finding Individuals for Disaster and Emergency Response (FINDER)*
- Flex-Tuff HS Firefighter Structure Glove*