Security personnel need a way to safely detect potential threats concealed on people and in their bags during events or taking mass transit, while maintaining personal privacy and not impacting their flow of travel. This Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) program is collaborating with Department of Homeland Security component stakeholders, security personnel, and our technology development partners to close the security gap through innovative technologies designed to work together and provide screening coverage of unstructured crowds.
- Technologically Speaking Podcast: Any Place Where People Congregate
- Feature Article: Software Suite Will Harden Defenses for Soft Targets
- HIVE: A Novel Algorithmic Framework for Standoff Concealed Threat Detection
- News Release: DHS Awards Small Business for Soft Target Security Solutions
- News Release: DHS S&T Seeks Crowd Count and Analysis Technologies for Market Survey Report