In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
The Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) and U.S. Secret Service are teaming-up to demonstrate how immersive, visualization and gaming technologies are enabling security operators to gauge the impact of different technologies in complex operational environments.
S&T's Modeling & Simulation Technology Center (MS-TC) is participating in National Training and Simulation Association’s (NTSA) event “Capitol Hill Modeling and Simulation Expo” on July 10, 2019. Our partner organizations from U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), such as Defense Modeling and Simulation Coordination Office (DMSCO), Army Modeling and Simulation Office (AMSO), and other United States government M&S entities along with major M&S industry performers will also have booths there. One of our technical M&S partners United States Secret Service (USSS) will attend with MS-TC.
The event, hosted by the Congressional Modeling and Simulation Caucus, will have top-notch M&S demonstrations from around the country. The Caucus Chairman, Rep. Bobby Scott will make remarks during the exhibit along with other members of the Caucus. Attendees expected (other than Caucus members) at the event are primarily Congressional staffers, DoD, and other agency employees.
S&T’s MS-TC provides strategic support to homeland security officials seeking to achieve performance management thresholds for operational missions and serves as a resource for rapid prototyping of tools to model and simulate operational, threat forecasting, and incident response environments. Connect with DHS and learn more about our impacts to save lives.
When: July 10, 2019, 11:30 am -- 2:30 pm
Where: Rayburn Building -- Foyer
45 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20515
For more information visit: http://www.trainingsystems.org/events/2019/7/10/capitol-hill-expo
The Modeling and Simulation Technology Center (MS-TC) provides strategic modeling and simulation guidance, tools, and support to entities and programs within the Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE) seeking to achieve performance management thresholds. These thresholds relate to applying new technologies and knowledge products for operational missions and environments.
- MS-TC modeling and simulation (M&S) expertise, tools, and support is enabling end users to gauge the impact of different technologies and solutions in operational environments in large metropolitan areas with a plethora of options.
- The MS-TC provides model, simulation, and training strategic advice to DHS Components achieving performance management thresholds specifically related to applying new technologies and knowledge products for operational missions and environments.
- The M&S Community of Interest (CoI) is dedicated to promoting awareness, cooperation, reuse and interoperability of M&S across DHS to improve capacity and provide cost savings.
- The M&S CoI seeks to enhance collaboration across the HSE and reduce the time, money, and expertise spent developing ‘new’ solutions, that in fact, already exist within DHS and its partners.
- Key stakeholders and partners for MS-TC include DHS Components and Homeland Security Enterprise partners, and collaborative interagency partner organizations from the U.S. Department of Defense.