For Immediate Release:
DHS S&T: John Verrico, (202) 254-2385
The Showcase, scheduled for March 18–20 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, D.C., is not your average government conference. The event, themed “Solutions Now, Innovations for the Future,” highlights S&T’s support to DHS operational components in today’s aggressive threat landscape.
“We are very excited to have Secretary Nielsen speak at the S&T Showcase,” said William N. Bryan, DHS Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Under Secretary for Science and Technology. “Secretary Nielsen will provide Showcase attendees insights on the DHS cybersecurity mission and the vital role research, development and innovation play in preparing for future threats.”
Secretary Nielsen will join a notable lineup of government and industry thought-leaders including:
- William N. Bryan, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Under Secretary for Science and Technology, DHS
- Christopher Krebs, Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Commissioner Kevin McAleenan, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Alma Cole, Chief Information Security Officer, CBP
- Deborah Frincke, Research Director, National Security Agency
- Brian Gattoni, Chief Technology Officer, CISA
- Scott Gee, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, U.S. Secret Service
- Martin Gross, Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, Network Security Deployment, CISA
- Natalie Vanatta, Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army
- Ang Cui, Founder and CEO, Red Balloon Security
- Nader Fathi, CEO, Kiana Analytics, Inc.
- Mark Foster, Product Leader, Factom, Inc.
- Melissa Hathaway, Cyberspace Policy and Cybersecurity Expert, formally served in the Obama and George W. Bush administrations
- Ben LeMere, CEO, Berla Corporation
- Anita D’Amico, CEO, Secure Decisions
- Harlan Kadish, Federal Field Engineer, Tamr, Inc.
- Jeff Moss, Internet Security Expert and the Founder of the DEF CON Conference and Black Hat Briefings
- Robert Schmidt, Founding Member, CyVantage
- Allan Paller, Founder, SANS
- Michael Reiter, Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Josh Wells, Co-Founder, Planck Aerosystems
- Greg White, National Collegiate Cyber Defense Championship
During the three-day Cybersecurity and Innovation Showcase, attendees will see more than 130 presentations representing a combined $250 million of federally funded cybersecurity R&D across 20 broad research areas, including mobile security, cybersecurity research infrastructure, cybersecurity forensics, identity management, and data privacy. A Technology Demonstration and Poster Session will provide attendees an in-depth look into more than 75 R&D efforts.
Partnering with entrepreneurs and industry to increase national security with new technologies is vital for mission success, so for the second time, representatives of startup firms from S&T’s Silicon Valley Innovation Program and researchers funded by S&T’s international partners will present their R&D projects.
“The S&T Showcase is a unique venue for DHS S&T to introduce its funded research projects to government, industry technology implementers, pilot and testing partners, investors, angel funders, and other potential market transition partners,” said Dr. Douglas Maughan, S&T’s Director of Industry Partnerships. “Attendees will have the opportunity to see funded research at various stages—from early stage to transition-ready—that all address complex security challenges.”
The S&T Showcase, which is expected to draw a 1,000 cybersecurity and technology professionals, is open to the public and private sector. For a complete look at the S&T Showcase, visit http://bit.ly/SciTechShowcase19.
S&T’s mission is to enhance the security and resilience of the nation’s critical information infrastructure and the internet by developing and delivering new technologies, tools and techniques to defend against attacks. S&T conducts and supports technology transitions and leads and coordinates R&D among the R&D community, which includes DHS customers, government agencies, the private sector and international partners. For more information about S&T, visit scitech.dhs.gov.